Sunday 23 July 2017

Muse Challenge #225

I checked out the current challenge at Muse Card Club. It's this great card by Kim Heggins



I was going to pass because I don't own a "clear dome" stamp or die. Then I thought about what other elements could I get my inspiration from. So, I made this card.



I was inspired by

  • the general sketch of the card
  • the colours
  • the butterflies
I used MFT Blissful Butterflies and distress inks (peeled paint, crushed olive, peacock feathers, lucky clover, wilted violet, seedless preserves). I added one distress ink per butterfly, spritzed with water onto watercolour paper. I then added the "darker" colour for a bit of dimension on each butterfly and again spritzed with water. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP For a Friend stamp set. 

Thanks for visiting
sue


4 comments:

  1. Love the intensity of colours on the buttefly! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those butterflies, such pretty colors. Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors used on the butterflies, Sue. I like your rendition of Kim's card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.